Dementia Care Professionals of America is a division of the Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA), and offers membership, training, qualification and other benefits to healthcare professionals involved in dementia care.
AFA's mission is "to provide optimal care and services to individuals confronting dementia, and to their caregivers and families—through member organizations dedicated to improving quality of life." Today, AFA's membership consists of more than 1,600 organizations that provide hands-on programs and services from coast to coast. AFA is the face of care for individuals and their families who are affected by Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
Just as AFA was established to unite dementia care organizations nationwide, we have created DCPA to bring together individual dementia care professionals.
Introduced in the fall of 2004, DCPA's goals are to:
- Raise the bar on dementia care in the U.S.
- Provide practical training to healthcare professionals
- Set standards of excellence through our AFA qualification program
- Keep professionals abreast of emerging breakthroughs in treatment and care
- Offer networking and advocacy opportunities
- Support professionals as they support those in need